6 new cases; Potential Public Exposure at Vickers River Tubing
Public Health has reported 6 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, August 6. The number of active cases in the province is 55, with 2 in the Miramichi Region.
A potential public exposure has been added to the list.
- August 4 between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. – Vicker’s River Tubing (906 Howard Rd., Blackville)
Other potential exposures were announced earlier this week:
- August 1 between noon and 9 p.m. – Bay du Vin Island Event
- August 1 between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. – Westside Bar (546 MicMac Rd., Esgenoopetitj First Nation)
- July 31 between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., August 1 between 11 p.m. to close – Pub 981 (981 Principale St., Neguac)
Public Health advice for people who were at any of these locations at the dates and times specified includes:
- Book a COVID-19 test, either online or by calling 811.
- Self monitor for any symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after the potential exposure.
- If any COVID-19 symptoms develop, isolate immediately and book a test, either online or by calling 811.
- It can take up to five (5) days before you would test positive after being exposed to COVID-19; if your test results comes back negative, continue self-monitoring for any symptoms and get tested immediately if you develop symptoms.
- Avoid visiting settings with vulnerable populations such as nursing homes, correctional facilities, and shelters over the next 14 days.
- Continue to follow all Public Health advice, including wearing a mask, washing hands frequently, and maintaining physical distancing in public settings.