Black Brook Salmon Club Donates $1,000 to Outdoor Basketball Court Project
Black Brook Salmon Club Inc. is showing their support for the outdoor basketball court project with a donation of $1,000.
Fundraising efforts continue for this project, including a slow pitch tournament held this summer at the Blackville Ball Park. Back in early August, Tyler Vickers made a challenge for local businesses to show their support. Since then, the following groups/organizations have accepted the challenge:
- Vickers River Tubing donated $1,000.
- Blackville Mango Health & Wellness committee donated $1,000.
- White Rapids Logging donated $1,000.
- M.E.R. Forestry Ltd. (Steven Moody) donated $1,000.
- Blackville Trio Pizza donated $500.
- Black Brook Salmon Club Inc. donated $1,000.
Donations towards the Rec Council’s basketball court project can be made at the Blackville village office, 12 South Bartholomew Road. The office is open on Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Cheques can be made payable to the Blackville Recreation Council.
A challenge has been put forth to other local businesses to support this project.