Provincial General Elections Voting Information
Election Day for New Brunswick is Monday, September 14, 2020. Residents of the village of Blackville will vote at the Father AA McKinnon Memorial Hall (unless otherwise specified on your voter information card), 105 Main Street between the hours of 10:00am and 8:00pm.
Advance Poll will be held on Saturday, September 5 and Tuesday, September 8 between 10:00am and 8:00pm at the Father AA McKinnon Memorial Hall. You may also vote by Special Ballot at your returning office, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 23, 8 Dr. Hamilton Drive in Doaktown.
Please bring your Voter Information Card for faster voting. If you have not received your card by mail or need to make corrections, contact the Returning Office at 1-888-326-9515.
Candidates for Southwest Miramichi – Bay du Vin include Jake Stewart, incumbent (Progressive Conservative Party of New Brunswick), Josh McCormack (Liberal Party), Glenna Hanley (New Brunswick New Democratic Party) and Art O’Donnell (People’s Alliance of New Brunswick).
Progressive Conservative: Jake Stewart (incumbent)
Liberal: Josh McCormack
NDP: Glenna Hanley
People’s Alliance: Art O’Donnell
Elections New Brunswick is following public health guidelines to make visiting polling stations and returning offices safer for electors, as well as for workers:
- Electors will be asked to apply hand sanitizer as they enter the building.
- Frequent cleaning of high contact areas will be conducted at all voting locations.
- Election workers will be required to wear masks or a face shield during their interactions with each elector.
- Whenever possible, 2 m – or 6 ft- physical distancing will be practised during an elector’s visit.
- Electors should bring a non-medical mask with them to the polling station so that they can be worn when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- The number of electors allowed in a voting location at any one time will be limited.
More information can be found at ElectionsNB.